Sunday, December 28, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire

This will be brief.

Slumdog Millionaire. I saw it for the first time alone on Saturday. Then I saw it with a great friend this afternoon. I would go see again tomorrow.

It is amazing.

The cinematography is fantastic. Each shot was well thought out and composed to not only progress the story, but to truly engage the viewer.

The acting is superb. Every person plays their part well, not over doing it, not trying to steal the screen. Each character is believable, and either lovable or hateable...or I suppose both.

And the story. Ah the story. It is what stories should be.

I won't go into more detail today. I want people to go see it, then we can chat. I will probably post on it again soon.

If you live in Manhattan, you are out of luck. The theater here has once again skipped out on anything that focuses on another culture. But don't worry, Twilight and Bolt in 3D are still available.

But if you want to go to Topeka...nope, not there either.

Fine, go to KC. Watch it there. It will be worth the drive. And if you live in KC, or are visiting...then go now.

And if you are in Manhattan and want to drive to KC on Saturday to see it....I will go with you.

That is how much I love this movie.

7 comments:

nick said...

Anyone in KC who wants to go, please give me a call / text / facebook message / wall post / e-mail.

Tyler R said...

Um, I've wanted to see this so bad. I am being tempted to come up to KC and see this with you now. Hmm . . .

rachel rianne said...

i wanna go again!

adam paul said...

just saw it. terrific.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

loved it. i'm glad SO MANY PEOPLE DO TOO! including you john...i was worried after 'wanted'. glad to see we're on the same page again :)

i would've enjoyed seeing you too. quite a bummer. hopefully sometime soon!

Gina said...

If you do come to KC to see it, let me know. I really want to see it, too.

Tuffy said...

what the crap, dude? you have a blog? why did i not know this?