Monday, August 3, 2009

At the End

So last week was Lincoln County's last week of programming. I know, I have failed you, dear reader. I have not updated. I have not posted pictures. I have not shared the many deep thoughts and movements of heart that God has been giving me.

I am tired. That is all the excuse I have. Shameful, I know. But when I come to the end of the day, or a brief break, forgive me beloved, but in front of a computing machine is not where I want to be. So perhaps when I get home I will write about my amazing staff, how God used each of them to change Lincoln County, youths' lives, and me. How I am going to miss them a great deal, and how they have touched my world. Perhaps I will write about the youth groups I saw, about those that were fired up for Christ, and serving His people. Or those with a lack of passion for a life radically changed by God, the "thrill seeking" churches as I have decided to call them. Perhaps I will write about a new project that I think is growing on my heart, a way to meet and love the people of our fair land. Perhaps I will write about West Virginia, her beauty, her anger, her need.

I will certainly write about the funny experiences. I will most definitely write about God and all that He did. I will write, I promise, life upon my return home.

But for now my mind is worn down. I have no more deep thoughts in me.

So I ask, instead, for prayer. I have $900 in my checking account. By the weekend, that will be down to $300. By next Wednesday....maybe $100.....

I need a job. I need to decide if I move again. I need to decide if I can stay in Kansas City and try to find work, or if I should look in other states where a chance of work is offered. I felt like God led me to YouthWorks....but I have no idea what the next step should be. And I am getting a little nervous.

So pray for me, my friends. And if anyone is looking to hire an excellent History degree holding ex-Habitat homebuilder/Maintenance man/Site Director....let me know:)

3 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Valid concerns--I'm in the same boat. What I can say is that there IS something for you. Will it be your dream job? Perhaps. However, I find that when I'm willing to do a tide-me-over job, the possibilities really open up. And I feel far less pressured.

Selfishly, I vote KC. Do you know lots of folks here?

Also, I'll keep my eyes peeled for opportunities. Do you have anything in mind? I need details.

sara bonness said...

welcome back. can't wait for more.

Wade said...

john... my vote is for the Big "O". the whole drive back from CO, i kept thinking about how awesome you'd be here. i envisioned this whole improv christian comedy group that you and kelley would do. seriously.

but know that God has something for you. i wrote my kids at camp (all 9th graders) notes of what God laid on my heart for them. for you, i think it is good to say that God led you to YouthWorks and obviously blessed you there. He'll lead you to a new adventure and bless you there as well. i ended all the kids' letters by saying "stay strong in the Lord and rejoice always." you, my friend, are the epitome of that, but keep your mind focused on it.

and you know that you're always welcome in our home. and we'll feed you... mostly tomatoes, because that's all that's coming out of our garden right now.